Faith of the parents of the holy prophet and Abu Talib

More
5 years 3 months ago #926 by Masud99
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

The majority of sunni scholars believe that the parents of the holy prophet as well as Abu Talib will be in hellfire. What is the stance in the zaidi school of thought on this issue ?

May Allah bless you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #927 by admin
و عليكم السلام رحمة الله و بركاته

There are differing views on the faith of the Uncle of the prophet (pguh&hp) at the time of his death. But, the majority believe that he died a muslim. The ones that believe he didnt die a muslims use the hadith of the prophet saying that Abu Talib didnt say it at his death be. While the ones that believe that he did use hadiths such as:

When the prophet called Abu Talib to islam, Abu Talib replied( How much we believe your speech, and how much we accept your advice. These are the sons of your father whom have gathered and I am one of them and fastest of them to answer. and by Allah for you what you love, and do what you are commanded. I will, by Allah, protect you as long as I live, and not hand you over until you have accomplished your task. As for you Ali, do you not want to join what your cousin has called you to. You are the most fitted to support him, and I will be for you both a protector and shield )

As for whether the prophet's parents will enter paradise, this issue is not discussed as much. But, this hadith will probably give you the answer you are looking for:
Angel Gabriel came down upon the prophet (pguh&hp) and said to him (Oh Mohamad, Allah has forbidden fire upon the loin that dropped you, the womb that carried you, and the home that cared for you) and the prophet asked (whom are they) then Gabriel said (Abdullah your father, Aminah your Mother, and AbdulMunaf (Abu Talib) your uncle.)

If you need the sources of these hadiths just ask for them.

And Allah Knows best

More
5 years 3 months ago #928 by AbuTalhah87
Can I please have the source and grade for the last hadīth mentioned? JazākAllāhu khayr.

More
5 years 3 months ago #930 by admin
Please see the attached image. If you want me to translated just ask.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds