Zaidi literature / Hadith books

More
8 years 1 week ago #230 by Khalid Amin
Assalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

may Allah bless you and reward you with Jannatul Firdaws.

I would like to know if there are any Zaidi Hadithbooks available?
I also would be very happy to know, if there is more literature available in english then what is published on salvationark.com and at scribd by IRS?

BarakAllau feekum wa JazakAllahu wa khayran!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #233 by Imam Rassi Society
wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Jazak Allah khayr! The only works that we have translated and written thus far are on those sites. We are presently involved with the translation of full length books so it is taking us a long time. Please make dua for us.

There are currently no hadith books in English so far. We have translated the tahaara, salaat and janaa'iz sections of the Usul al-Ahkaam book which is a book of hadith. However, it also includes Sunni ahadith. One of the projects that we are working on is a Forty Hadith collection from the Majmu Imam Zayd (as). But we can't say for certain when it will be complete as we are so busy with other things.

Stay posted on the Salvationark website for updates and new translations.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Imam Rassi Society.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid Amin

More
8 years 1 week ago #235 by Khalid Amin
JazakAllahu wa khayran, may Allah bless and reward you! You are already doing a great job and of course I will include you into my du'a and I ask Allah to make your effort a great blessing for this Ummah and may He give you the highest ranks among His servants:
I'm a regular visitor and will inshaAllah continue to be. I hope in the future the Zaidiyah of this Ummah will increase and improve their connection and their networking bi idhnillah!

Barak Allahu feekum, may Allah make your work easy and fruitful!

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #343 by Abu Yusuf
You might find this of interest:

www.tashayyu.org/hadiths/amali-ahmad-isa

It's only in the beginning stages, but the intention will be to translate of this of key work of early `Alid/Zaydi hadith and fiqh. Keep an eye on it for frequent updates (every day or two, in sha Allah).
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Abu Yusuf.

More
7 years 8 months ago #345 by Imam Rassi Society
Thank you for the link, Bro Abu Yusuf! Are you involved in the translation of this text?

It must be said however that the Amali is in no way held to be wholly authoritative in Zaydi hadith literature. It has its criticisms much like any other book of hadith. I would be curious to know the intent of a 12er Shia site in translating a Zaydi work. I know it said that they would focus on those traditions from principal ımams such as al-Baaqir (as) and as-Saadiq (as), but I can't help but think that there is another motive behind it. Regardless, it would be great to have such translation done.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
7 years 8 months ago #347 by Abu Yusuf
Actually tashayyu.org is not (specifically) a Twelver site, at this point it should be considered more as being a pan-Shi`a site focused on translated ancient Shi`i materials into English. This includes Imami material whether Twelver, Waqifi, or Isma`ili, as well as early Zaydi material. I can speak with some confidence on this since I'm the translator/site admin and I'm not a Twelver myself.

The intent in translating this is as the above goal stated. For myself though, the further intention is to understand this important text better and figure out what to make of it. I've found that for myself the best way to truly delve into a material is to translate it. Unlike casual reading where you can skip or skim though on areas you might not fully understand, (good) translating forces you to consider each and every word. While I do not consider myself to be specifically Zaydi either, I do regard that there is value in considering this source material from these `Alid authorities. If anything my approach might be closest to Qadi Nu`man al-Maghribi, the Fatimi Isma`ili jurist and scholar, in that he would make use of Imami and Zaydi sources (he would even on occasion quote from al-Qasim ar-Rassi), though I don't consider myself Isma`ili as such either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yahya

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds