Imam ali bin hussain

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #474 by Zaib
Imam ali bin hussain was created by Zaib
Aslam o alykum.. I wanted to ask a question many of my fellows ask me that why imam ali bin hussain a.s is considered to be a zaidi imam when he never participated in any jihad or war with sword..as that is a requirement for an imam that he should fight against the tyrant rulers ?? How it can be answered ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #475 by Imam Rassi Society
wa alaykum as salaam, yaa Ali!

Thank you for your question! We addressed a similar question long ago. You can refer to it here . However, the gist of it is that Zaydis don't consider Imam Zayn al-Abideen (as) as an imam because he had not fulfilled the requirements. He is respected as an imam of knowledge and reference for such; but he was not obligatory upon the ummah to obey because he had not manifested the call (dawah) to himself.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zaib

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #476 by Zaib
Replied by Zaib on topic Imam ali bin hussain
Thank you brother...so what i have learned from this is that he imam ali bin hussain a.s was the imam of knowledge like the others imam baqir jaffar a.s etc...then imam hassan bin hassan a.s is the fifth zaidi imam ?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #477 by Zaib
Replied by Zaib on topic Imam ali bin hussain
Thank you brother...so what i have learned from this is that he imam ali bin hussain a.s was the imam of knowledge like the others imam baqir jaffar a.s etc...then imam hassan bin hassan a.s is the fifth zaidi imam ?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #480 by Imam Rassi Society
No problem!

Well, as we mentioned in the link we provided, Zaidis do not typically number the imams sequentially so that there is a fifth, sixth, seventh, etc imam. Rather, we hold to the imamate of any Fatimi sayyid who meet the criteria. There would therefore be no reason to number imams sequentially.

Hopefully this helps!

IRS

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds