Majmu' al-Fiqh of Imam Zayd: 100% authentic?

More
8 years 2 months ago #59 by Imam Rassi Society
Reposted
Baraka Llahu fikum for your answer ! And do all the ahadith in the Majmu' Ul Fiqh are considered authentic ?
salaams!

Thanks for your question! Although Zaidis consider the Majmu the most authentic hadith book, it does not mean Zaidis believe that all of the narrations are 100% authentic. The only book that is 100% authentic is the Holy Qur'an.

That withstanding, I cite one example of a narration in the Majmu that one of our imams weakened. In the Majmu it is narrated that Imam Ali (as) said that one is to render five foals for zakat when one has twenty-five camels. In the Muntakhab, when Imam al-Hadi (as) was asked about the report in which Imam Ali said that there is to be five foals for every twenty-five camels, he said: "This is not authentically attributed to him according to us."

And Allah knows best!

IRS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #60 by Imam Rassi Society
Reposted
Thank you ! And how many ahadith are approximately considered like authentic in the Majmu' ?
Thank you for your question!

The answer depends on who you ask. As I said, the Majmu is considered the most authentic but I'm not sure if it can be said that it is 100% authentic. On the other hand, it would be very difficult to find a Zaidi nowadays that would weaken any report in the Majmu. A Zaidi may not act upon a report in the Majmu but would hesitate to say that it is inauthentic. The reports maybe seen as being abrogated or in need of interpretation (ta`wil).

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #287 by Yahya
As salam 'alaykum !

Is there any commentary of Musnad Al Imam Zayd (as) that systematically informs in which sunni hadith book we can find the ahadith narrated in the Musnad ? I know that all the ahadith are not findable in sunni books, but it's possible for many of them and I wonder if a Zaydi scholar did this work to support the authenticity of the Musnad among the mass of people ?

Also, did Imam Al Qasim and other Ama'im from the period of Salaf (as) narrated ahadith from Musnad Zayd ?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Yahya.

More
7 years 10 months ago #289 by Imam Rassi Society
wa alaykum as salaam wa rahma!

Thank you for your question! The most famous commentary on the Majmu is Ar-Rawd an-Nadeer authored by Allama al-Hussein b. Ahmed as-Siyaaghi. In it, he cites ahadith from Sunni sources that are similar and gives a commentary on the ahadith.

Some of our earliest imams cite the Musnad in one way or another. By that, I mean that they may quote narrations from Imam Zayd (as) but not say, for example, "This is from the Majmu" or "Imam Zayd (as) says in the Musnad..." Some of the ahadith they cite from Imam Zayd (as) may be in the Majmu and others may not.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
7 years 10 months ago #291 by Yahya
Thank you for your answer ! Do you know were I can find or purchase Ar-Rawd an-Nadeer please ?

More
7 years 10 months ago #292 by Imam Rassi Society
I'm not sure where you can purchase it. You can check this website but I dont know if the webmaster (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) can still be reached. Try there.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds