Questions for a potential Zaidi convert

More
4 years 1 month ago #1020 by Henry
Salam,
I am a sunni who is strongly considering converting to Zaidi Shia, and i have found much material to help with this, but i have a few questions of clarification.

1. Do Zaidis believe in Tawassul and that the dead can hear us?
Do Zaidis believe we can call on Imams or Prophets for help, such as saying "Ya Muhammad" or "Ya Ali", and consider it halal to make dua to graves etc? If so do Zaidis think the dead can hear us and act upon what they hear?

2. Is the tarawih prayer in Ramadan bidah completely or just tarawih in congregation?
Zaidi rulings i have found consider tarawih to be bidah because of Umar, but is it just tarawih in congregation or tarawih completely (as in can we pray tarawih in Ramadan but at home)?

3. Do Zaidis use the third shahada like Jafari do?
Do Zaidis say "alīyun walīyu -llāh" like Jafari do?

4. Is it possible for Zaidis to have more than one imam legitimately?
Can there be multiple Imams in different places, or must there be one imam for all muslims?

5. Does not sitting between prostrations with the right foot extended up invalidate the prayer?
As a sunni we sit in such positions as well, but our scholars tell us that if we cannot sit in such a way due to discomfort that does not invalidate the prayer, is this the same for the Zaidi school?

6. What sea foods are forbidden to Zaidis?
in "The Beneficial Summary" it says "The forbidden sea-animals are the animals which have similarity with the forbidden land-animals" for Zaidis. Can you give some examples of what sea animals are forbidden for us to eat?

7. Do Zaidis curse Muawiyah?
I have read that Zaidis do not curse companions of the Prophet PBUH and we accept the legitimacy of the first three caliphates, be it they being inferior to Ali (RA) for this position. However I also read Zaidis do not have this distinction for Muawiyah. Do Zaidis curse Muawiyah or are just critical of him, or do they even not consider him a companion?

8. Is there a way to get English PDF's of Zaidi Fiqh and Hadith?
I have much literature thanks to your society, which I am very grateful for. Is there a way i can get Musnad Imam Zaid in English, ideally in PDF form?

These are all the questions that i can think of. Thank you for your time, Allah give you good health.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds