Is the Majmo3 of Imam Qasim Al-Rassi proven to be his?

More
3 years 1 month ago #1109 by Mohammad
السلام عليكم

Is the مجموع of Imam Qasim Ibn Ibrahim al-Rassi (علیه السلام) proven to be his? Of course this doesn’t take away from the argumentation and knowledge found within the مجموع, it is nonetheless a claim presented by others, namely twelvers.

If there is substantial evidence that this work is his علیه السلام could the brothers please redirect me to a link (it can be in Arabic) or kindly share their respected and informed remarks.

في أمان الله وحفظه

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #1119 by Imam Rassi Society
Wa alaykum as salaam wa rahma!

Thank you for your question! I apologise for the delay in responding to the forum but it seems as is if it was in good hands. ;) Anyway, we are in the process of translating the Majmu' into English, so perhaps we can answer this question.

I find it rather odd that the 12ers would claim that the Majmu' is not for Imam Rassi (as). Granted, some of the content is condemning of Imami doctrine; yet, I know of no reason why the 12ers would say that it is falsely attributed to the imam. There have been various points of disagreement within the Shi'i spectrum regarding much of the various doctrines, so it is not uncommon to see polemical writings on both sides.

We plan to answer this question in detail in the Introduction of our forthcoming translation, inshaAllah. However, we will just briefly touch on the following points:

- The majority of the Majmu' consists of a uniform 'style' although some of the treatises slightly diverge. So, to attribute falsehood to some of it would invariably attribute falsehood to all of it. This would be unreasonable. As a matter of fact, this style in the Majmu' is used as a barometer to judge other works that were spuriously attributed to Imam ar-Rassi (as), such as Al-Kaamil al-Muniir.

- Our imams and scholars have attributed the individual treatises in the Majmu to Imam al-Qaasim (as), quoting from them and citing them without criticising its ascription to the imam.

- The content of the Majmu corresponds to much of the thought of the era of Imam al-Qaasim ar-Rassi (as). There are no later theological or doctrinal issues discussed in it.

There's more that can be said on this issue but we will stop here. I'm sure that Ustaadh al-Kaadhim az-Zaydi can shed even more light on this topic.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds