Imam Mahdi (as)

More
3 years 1 month ago #1125 by 12erForNow
Imam Mahdi (as) was created by 12erForNow
as-salaamu alaikum,

Are there any narrations in the Zaydi school about Imam Mahdi? If not would this be considered a Christian/Jewish influence about a savior type figure?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #1129 by Imam Rassi Society
Replied by Imam Rassi Society on topic Imam Mahdi (as)
as salaamu alaykum wa rahma!

Thank you for your question! I believe we addressed your question here . Although Zaydis believe in the Mahdi, we do not see him as some supernatural savior figure as other groups. This idea of passively waiting for an end times Christ-figure to save us is what I termed 'Mahdi-ism.' Our imams and scholars are against this idea as it implies that Islam is incomplete without him. Our means of salvation is and always has been the adherence to that which Allah revealed and the Prophetic Progeny. If some super-powered saviour figure were necessary for our salvation, then Allah would have made that clear. However, we find that the deen was completed/perfected 14 centuries ago. Mahdi-ism claims that there is a missing piece to the deen that will be fulfilled at the end of time.

You will also find that in our narrations of the Mahdi, not too many details are given. I believe that this is so that we do not overinflate this personality to the extent that other groups have. Also, we won't assign to him what we should be striving to do ourselves.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12erForNow, Mohammad, Newtwo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds