Zaidi prayer times calculations for the UK

More
6 years 4 months ago #836 by AbuZayn93
Salam

I am considering becoming a follower of the Zaidi madhab, after researching for a while I believe it a balanced approach between the other two major schools (12er and Sunni).

However I would like to ask, how would we go by following prayer times in the UK? Would it be sufficient to follow a Jafri time table/calculation on a phone app to pray according to Maghrib etc.

Are there currently any Zaidi mosques or Imams in the UK who we can go to for fatwa/knowledge?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #837 by AbuTalhah87
As a quick add-on to the brother's question above (as I'm in undergoing a similar process of consideration), could I just stick with the Hanafī prayer times I'm already comfortable with and have a firm grasp of the proofs for? And what does the Zaydī madhhab have to say about `Ishā' and Fajr in the lands where night doesn't fall during a certain period of the Summer?

More
6 years 4 months ago #848 by Imam Rassi Society
Salaams!

Thank you for your questions! There isn't typically an issue with the prayer times other than Maghreb which Zaydis say enters at the appearance of a star.

As for Zaydi masaajid, there aren't any that I know of in the UK. Even in Yemen, Zaydis have no problems praying in predominately Sunni masaajid and there aren't Zaydi masaajid so to speak.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
The following user(s) said Thank You: AbuZayn93

More
2 years 11 months ago #1167 by Mohammad89_
Assalamu 3laykum, I recommend you using muslim pro for athan call of prayer. set Asr method as standard and set Angles as Muslim World League. set everything as Sunni muslims do, It's the best config for Zaydi. I've been figueing out about that. and maghrib prayer is at the same time sunni muslims make the call to prayer for maghrib.

More
2 years 11 months ago #1171 by Mohammad89_
That's why a zaydi also has the option to make salat Maghrib and make the call to prayer inmediatly at sunset as sunni muslims do

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds