Purification from Dog

More
6 years 5 months ago #860 by AlAdala
Salaam how does one purify the body of najasah from a dog? I don't know exactly which part/s of my body made contact with my hands that the dog touched. Clothing, etc. If the najasah made contact with many parts of my body and many parts of my car and pretty much got everywhere, how do I properly purify myself and my car?

jazaak ALLAHu khayr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #864 by Imam Rassi Society
Salaams! Thank you for your question! The ritual impurity of a dog is based upon the traces it leaves behind, such as fur and saliva. You should try your best to remove its traces until you are certain that you have removed it.

As for any traces that are on your hands or clothes, such as its saliva, you can simply wash it with water. It is unnecessary to wash it a certain number of times as long as one is sure that the traces are removed with certainty. [Ref. Sharh at-Tajreed]

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
6 years 5 months ago #865 by AlAdala
Replied by AlAdala on topic Purification from Dog
Thank you.

Also, as for the car, I know of a place which cleans the inside of cars with steam mixed with soap. Would that suffice provided the traces of impurity are absorbed/removed by the steam and soap?

More
6 years 5 months ago #866 by Imam Rassi Society
Thank you for your question! How wet or filthy was this dog? As we said, the traces that the dog leaves behind is what is ritually impure. Simply coming into contact with a dog or pig does not render anything ritually impure unless the animal or the one who comes into contact is wet.

If the dog was wet in your car, you should get it steam-cleaned until you are sure that the ritual impurity is removed. However, if the dog was dry and it doesn't leave any visible traces, there should be no need to steam-clean your car. If you see any traces of its fur, you should have your car vacuumed and/or steam-cleaned.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
6 years 5 months ago #874 by AlAdala
Replied by AlAdala on topic Purification from Dog
Salaam he was wet. Would the steamclean be sufficient even though it's steam mixed with soap or some chemical and not just pure steam?

More
6 years 4 months ago #877 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Purification from Dog
Water mixed with anything else that is pure which changes its smell taste or colour is pure but does not purify. The best way to clean your car is to use a piece of cloth or brush that is dipped in water. You must do this until the smell and look is clean. You can start with soap mixed steam or soap mixed wash but you must after that use only water a minimum of three times. You can use steam instead of the cloth or brush but you must make sure that it contains only water and has the same washing affect as a cloth or brush.

And Allah Knows Best

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds