Najhul Balagha

More
7 years 7 months ago #382 by kish786
Najhul Balagha was created by kish786
Asalamulaikum,

I am new to this forum, i wish to learn about Zaidi views on Najhul Balaghah. I note that there are two major views on the Sheikhyn. One view is that the Zaydi Imams do taraddi for the Sheikhyn and the other view is tawaquff.
In relation to the above two views, what is the Zaydi view in particular Khutba Shiqshiqya and also a letter to Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan which I quote:

You also want to taunt me by saying that when I refused to accept the caliphate of the First Caliph, I was dragged like a camel with a rope round my neck and every kind of cruelty and humiliation was leveled against me. I swear by my life that by talking like that you want to bring disgrace to me but you are actually doing the greatest service to me and are disgracing yourself as well as the cause that you pretend to support.There is no disgrace for a Muslim if he is subjected to tyranny and suppression so long as he is firm in his faith and belief in Allah and religion. This is exactly what I say that every cruelty and tyranny was leveled against me to deprive me of the right which Allah and the Holy Prophet (s) have given me and this is exactly what you do not want to acknowledge and
accept

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #383 by kish786
Replied by kish786 on topic Najhul Balagha
the follow up to the above questions, was Ameer Al Mumineen (AS) dragged like a camel with a rope around his neck?

More
7 years 7 months ago #384 by Imam Rassi Society
Replied by Imam Rassi Society on topic Najhul Balagha
as salaamu alaykum wa rahma!

Thank you for your question! According to Zaydi sources, the sermon and letter you mentioned are indeed authentically attributed to Amir al-Mumineen (as). The letter in particular is quoted in Zaydi works, such as the book Nazaraat Fi Malamih al-Madhhab al-Zaydi wa Khasaa`isuhu authored by Sayyid Muhammad bin Abdullah al-Muayyadi. None of our imams or scholars doubt the authenticity of this sermon and letter. Even Imam Yahya bin Hamza who advocates for the tardiyya upon the Sheikhain does not doubt the attribution of both to Imam Ali (as) in his commentary on Nahj al Balaagha.

As for your second question, according to the letter as well as numerous historical sources, Imam Ali (as) was indeed forcefully dragged by the forces of Abu Bakr and Umar. In fact, the above mentioned text Nazaraat, cites the letter to Mu'awiya as a proof that Imam Ali (as) was forced to pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
7 years 7 months ago #385 by kish786
Walaikum Al salam wa rahmah Allah wa barakatuhu,

Many thanks for your response! I have been searching for years. Can you please explain further what did Sayyid Muhammad said in the book, how did he clarify the whole incident.

I will be grateful if you can tell me where to get the Arabic pdf copy of the book: Nazaraat Fi Malamih al-Madhhab al-Zaydi wa Khasaa`isuhu. I managed to find a number of books. Many thanks!

More
7 years 7 months ago #386 by Imam Rassi Society
Replied by Imam Rassi Society on topic Najhul Balagha
Salaams!

Thank you for your question! ِAs I mentioned, the text basically emphasises that Ameer al-Mumineen had not pledged allegiance to Abu Bakr willfully. It mentioned the attack on Faatima's house and the threats involved with the forced bayah. The author then cites the letter to Mu'awiya as a proof as well as the statement in Khutba Shaqshaqiyya

By Allah, Ibn Abu Qahaafa dressed himself with a shirt that didnt fit him...I remained patient though it was a thorn in my eye and an obstacle in my throat. I saw my inheritance (turaathi) plundered...

The author then said:

How many statements of his [i.e. Ali] (as) exist that proves that he was not pleased with them! The consensus of the imams of Ahl al-Bayt (as) is that he was not pleased with the Caliphate of the first nor those after him.

You can find a link to the book here and here .

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
7 years 7 months ago #387 by kish786
Many thanks brother for your clarification. In relation to the above, i have only one last question. Did Imam Hadi Ila Haq (Alaihisalam) say anything regarding the day of allegiance of Ameer Al Mumineen (AS). I heard that in Kitab Ithbat Al Imama he was harsh against them.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds