Sunnah prayers

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #478 by Zaib
Sunnah prayers was created by Zaib
Aslam o alykum brothers

I have many questions to ask as u guys are the only source for me to learn more about zaidism...i would like to ask about the sunnah prayers..in zaidism how the sunnah prayer is prayed ? Can we pray the 4 units sunnah prayer with one salam or should we split it up into 2 2 each ? Like jaffris they dnt allow 4 units of prayer other than the farz prayer..all the sunnah and nawafils are prayed in 2 units only..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #481 by Imam Rassi Society
Replied by Imam Rassi Society on topic Sunnah prayers
wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi!

As for the sunnah prayers, they are prayed in twos with a tasleem after each two.

The exception is the witr which is prayed with three units with the tasleem at the end of the third unit. In the witr prayer, al-Faatiha and another surah is recited in all three units. The qunut (which is any dua from the Quran) is recited after you come up from the third bowing of the witr prayer. The hands are not raised during the qunut.

Hopefully, this helps!

And Allah knows best!

IRS
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Imam Rassi Society.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #482 by Zaib
Replied by Zaib on topic Sunnah prayers
Thanks alot brother i appreciate your quick replies...another thing...can we recite 1 unit of witar ? Is it allowed or we must pray 3 units with one salam ?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #483 by Imam Rassi Society
Thank you for your question! As for the witr prayer, it is prayed in three units with one tasleem at the end like the maghrib prayer.

The above is narrated in the Majmu of Imam Zayd (as). Zayd b. Ali related on the authority of his ancestors--Imam Ali, upon all of them be peace:

Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, used to pray the witr prayer with three units and he did not recite the tasleem until the last of them.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Imam Rassi Society.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #485 by Yahya
Replied by Yahya on topic Sunnah prayers
And is there a tashahud after the last prosternation of the 2nd rak'ah ?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #486 by Imam Rassi Society
Thanks for your question!

There is only one tashahhud at the end before the tasleem. It is related by Ahmed, an-Nisaa'i, al-Bayhaqi and al-Haakim on the authority of A'isha that Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, used to pray the witr prayer with three units and not sit until the last one.

And Allah knows best!

IRS
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Imam Rassi Society.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yahya

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds