The fate of non-Muslims?

More
6 years 8 months ago #618 by Pro-Alid
Salamu alaykum,

What is the fate of non-Muslims and in particular those who haven't heard about Islam? As well as those who have heard about Islam, but have only been taught lies about the religion, i.e. through the media.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #620 by Imam Rassi Society
wa alaykum as salaam wa rahma!

Thank you for your question! I asked one of our scholars and he said the following:

Allah, the Exalted, says: {Verily, Allah does not forgive that one should associate partners with Him and He forgives other than that for the one He wills} (Q. 4:48 and 4:116). This verse is explicit in that forgiveness for what comprises of association with Allah is for the one whom Allah wills, and the will of Allah follows Wisdom. He therefore does not will the forgiveness for the one without excuse because wisdom does not demand that. As for the association of partners with Allah, there is no excuse for anyone because the intellect proves the lack of divinity of any but Allah.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #621 by Pro-Alid
Replied by Pro-Alid on topic The fate of non-Muslims?
Thank you for your reply.

So from what I understand, an unbeliever who dies associating partners with Allah will not be forgiven, i.e. someone part of a religion that worships multiple Gods, because our rational faculties dictate to us that this is wrong - have I understood that correctly?

Also, what about the fate of the non-Muslim who doesn't associate partners with Allah. Is the fate of the person who rejects the existence of Allah the same as the above because their rational faculties should tell them that God exists? If so, then what about the person who has been lied to about what the religion of Islam actually entails or has never actually heard of Islam, but does in actual fact, believe in the existence of one God?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Pro-Alid.

More
6 years 8 months ago #622 by Imam Rassi Society
Thank you for your question!

Well, according to our imams, upon them be peace, associating partners with Allah is not limited to worshiping statues or human beings. Shirk can also be attributing the Qur'an to other than Allah. Imam ar-Rassi, upon him be peace, debated a Unitarian Christian and said that just as people who attribute creation to other than Allah are mushrik, people who attribute Revelation to other than Allah are also mushrik. Therefore, they are just as liable as anyone else.

As for the one who never heard the true message of Islam, Allah knows best regarding their fate.

And Allah knows best!

IRS

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds